Celebration is in the air this Fourth of July holiday weekend along with the chance to get more bang for your buck. Retailers are slicing prices on swaying hammocks and pretty plant pots, outdoor dining tables and fire pits.
Expand your al fresco living space. Create a reading retreat, quiet meditation space under the stars or a sports zone for kicks.
The best sales for the Fourth of July will be going on at the following department stores, and many of the deals will be available exclusively through their websites online. Here’s a look at the stores having some of the best online sales followed by a look at some of our top picks available at the deepest discounts.
• Wayfair outdoor living items on sale up to 65% off for their 4th of July clearance event.
• Houzz has items up to 75% off items on their sales page for the holiday. If you want a quicker look at the best items, the July 4th Best Sellers page at Houzz has all their top items at the best discounts in one place. (sale ends July 7)
• Walmart is having a July 4th spotlight sale on almost anything you might be looking for, whether it’s an outdoors item or not.
• Home Depot is having a 4th of July sale on everything from tools and supplies to lighting upgrades, outdoor furniture and major appliances like fridges, stoves, washing machines and more. For example, the Nest smart home thermostat is $50 right now and these things rarely go on sale.
• If you need new kitchen items, be sure to check out the Sur La Table sale and clearance page for wild 4th of July discounts on brands like All-Clad, Le Creuset and Staub for everything from pots and pans to chef’s knives and more.
First, Houzz has cut the price in half on the Dual Zone beverage and wine cooler that holds 84 cans and 13 bottles (was $2,443 now $1,188).
There’s a lot of red, white and blue, and stars and stripes on sale through July 5, but also other classic colors and patterns perfect for year round.
See Martha Stewart grilling collection at Macy’s that includes durable acrylic or melamine serving and dining pieces.
Macy’s is having a July 4th sale with 20% to 65% off outdoor and patio pieces. Use the code FOURTH through July 5 for an extra 10%, 15% or 20% off.
What does your backyard need? See what’s on sale:
Contemporary outdoor dining tables: Carlisle eight-seater outdoor acacia wooden dining table with a rectangular, A-frame metal base by Christopher Knight Home is on sale at $304.72 (was $358.49, save $53.77).
Bernhardt Wailea swivel chair with a powder coated, aluminum frame wrapped in polypropylene sock weave and with Sunbrella cushions is 55% off ($2,479, was $5,539 with 12-month financing and free delivery).
Wayfair has outdoor bar tables as well as movable bar carts up to 70% off. The two-tiered, portable Lena bar serving cart with a curved frame of weather-resistant solid acacia wood is half price ($109.99, was $219.99).
Apt2B modern furniture has a Fourth of July sale with 15% off the entire store (higher discounts for orders $2,999 and more). See the patio-perfect, marble finish, glazed Reis ceramic stool ($185.30, 15% off).
Decorative planters come in a variety of materials, sizes and styles at Walmart. Start small: Get a set of mini ceramic pots with drainage for succulents and other plants ($13.99 for six pot that are around 2.5 inch wide).
Outdoor rugs dress up a patio or porch. Wayfair has rugs on sale. The Delphine power loom indoor-outdoor area rug is made of stain-resistant, light brown polypropylene ($31.99 for 26 inches by 3 feet, a 16% savings. Larger sizes are on sale up to $196.95).
And don’t forget to kick back with a porch swing, which is also fun on a patio or in a garden area. Houzz has a slat-back Maine porch swing on sale for $181, a 45% savings.
— Janet Eastman | 503-294-4072
firstname.lastname@example.org | @janeteastman